found some random , weird facts online...makes ya think HUH ? lol
1.The Nobel Peace Prize medal depicts 3 naked men with their hands on each others shoulders.
2.Fortune cookies were actually invented in America, not China!
3.Of the 17k+ words Shakespeare used, over 1700 are recorded there for the first time.
4.During your lifetime, the average human will grow 591 miles of hair. Unverified But hair does grows about 6 inches per year and the average head has 100,000 hairs. Take an average lifespan of 80 years. 6 x 100,000 x 80 = 48,000,000. Unfortunately hair growth is not uniform through out your lifespan, I have yet to find a formula for this.
5.The United States has more bagpipe bands than Scotland does. To be verified But would appear to be true since Scotland has a population of only 5,000,000, compared to the U.S. at 304,059,724
6. 10 percent of electricity in the US comes from "dismantled nuclear bombs, including Russian ones."
7.In the 1940s, the FCC assigned television's Channel 1 to mobile Services (two-way radios in taxicabs, for instance) but did not Pre-number the other channel assignments. That is why your TV set has channels 2 and up, but no channel 1.
8.The San Francisco Cable cars are the only mobile National Monuments, in the United States. False But they are a National Monument.
9.The reason firehouses have circular stairways is from the days when the fire engines were pulled by horses. The horses were stabled on the ground floor and soon figured out how to walk up straight staircases.
10. A hurricane releases more energy in 10 minutes, than all the world's nuclear weapons combined.
11.The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.
12. According to one study, 24% of homes with lawns have some sort of lawn ornament in their yard.
13. Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history: Spades - King David; Clubs - Alexander the Great;Hearts-Charlemagne and Diamonds - Julius Caesar.
14. 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321
15.The phrase "rule of thumb" is derived from an old English law that stated that you couldn't beat your wife with anything wider than your thumb.
16.Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer than Left-handed people do.
17.The average human body contains enough fat to make seven bars of soap.
18.10% of all woman registered for computer dating are teachers.
Read more: Weird Facts & More http://www.weirdfacts.com/weird-facts.html#ixzz1tA5XypHw